Here is the important checklist to follow if you have trouble to connect a Bacnet equipment and get the data:
- Check that the ethernet cable is correctly plug at both side (Box and equipment/IP switch).
- Check that the Box is correctly power with a 12-24Vdc - 2A power supply.
- Led statuts: Heartbeat blinking and if the GSM is use that the led is blinking.
- Be sure that the box is in the same network as your equipment.
- Be sure that there is no firewall blocking the Box/Hub traffic.
- Check the IP network parameters if there is no DHCP server.
- Gateway IP address
- Try to ping the Box/Hub if possible from your laptop. You can try to ping also the bacnet equipment.
- Check that you are running the scan correctly: Create Bacnet Network
- If your Bacnet Scan result is empty, you should test with an other Bacnet Client.
TEST WITH AN OTHER BACNET CLIENT (YABE):
Aim of this test: Be sure that your Bacnet equipment is available and correctly configured in the bacnet network. Check also if an other device (your laptop) can connect to it if the box cannot.
If you can connect to the equipment after this test:
- The targetted Bacnet equipment is accessible in the bacnet network.
- The issue would be:
- The Box network is not correctly setup
- The Box has an issue, please contact support.wattsense.com
First of all you will need to download the Software: YABE
Once it's done, check that you can ping the Bacnet Equipment with your Laptop:
- NO PING: You need to check again your network settings
- PING: You can go ahead
1. Right click on "Device"
2. Click on "Add device" button
3. Setup your "Local Endpoint" : It's the IP address of your laptop where YABE is running
4. Then click on "Add"
If at this stage you do not see any device in the "Devices" tab, that means your equipment is not accessible on the Bacnet Network.
- You will see your Bacnet Equipment in this list, and if you click on it
- You will have all the properties displayed
- You can see here the value of your Bacnet properties.
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact us: Wattsense Support
Please sign in to leave a comment.