Here is the important checklist to follow if you have trouble to connect modbus equipment:
- Check that the ethernet cable is correctly plug at both side (Box and equipment).
- Check that the box is correctly power with a 24V DC +/-10%, 2A power supply.
- Led statuts: Heartbeat blinking and if the GSM is use that the led is blinking.
- Be sure that the box is in the same network as your equipment.
- Be sure that there is no firewall blocking the Box/Hub traffic.
- Check the IP network parameters if there is no DHCP server.
- Gateway IP address
- Try to ping the Modbus equipment with a laptop if possible.
- Check the slave address of the equipment.
- Check if the register table is correctly matching the properties configuration in the user console.
- Check if you are using the correct modbus function for read and write.
- If you are getting wrong data please try to modify the Data format
TEST WITH AN OTHER MODBUS CLIENT (MODBUS DOCTOR):
- If you cannot access the equipment with your Wattsense product, try with an other Modbus client.
Aim of this test: Be sure that your modbus equipment is available and correctly configured in the modbus network. Check also if an other device (your laptop) can connect to it if the box cannot.
If you can connect to the equipment after this test:
- The targetted modbus equipment is accessible in the modbus network.
- The issue would be:
- The Box network is not correctly setup
- The Box has an issue. Please contact us : support.wattsense.com
First of all you will need to download the Software: Modbus Doctor
Once it's done, check that you can ping the Modbus Equipment with your Laptop:
NO PING: You need to check again your network settings
PING : You can go ahead
-> Launch Modbus Doctor
1. Click on the "Settings" tab and setup the IP address of the targeted Modbus device.
2. Be sure that the port is the same of the equipment (most of the time it's 502)
3. Close the tab
1. Configure the Slave ID number of the targeted equipment. You will find it in the equipment configuration itself.
2. Click on the "Connection" Button
-> If you have the "Status: Connected" that means your network setup is OK.
-> If not you should double check the modbus configuration.
3. In order to read the properties you can setup the Register
4. Click on READING.
If you cannot connect to the equipment also that means either:
- Your equipment is in default.
- Your network setup is wrong.
If you can connect to the equipment correctly with your laptop that means the Box should be able to.
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact us: Wattsense Support
Please sign in to leave a comment.